Here is Dux Dine founder, Richard Sinke's famous Courgette and Feta Fritter recipe
"I’m a big fritter fan and love how you can make them from so many different types of vegetables and add herbs and spices of your choice. So they are very versatile and make a delicious lunch or dinner alone or with salad and some baked vege. I always serve them with a chutney or relish to dress them up a bit."
One of my favourites is Courgette and Feta Fritters.
Richard's Courgette & Feta Fritter Recipe
Serves 2-3 people (Just add extra ingredients if necessary in proportion)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
160 grams feta (2/3 of standard pack) could also sub halloumi
Splash of milk (use oat or almond if desired)
1/2 Tsp toasted cumin seeds
Salt + Pepper
Oil (I use olive)
Notes - could sub feta to halloumi cheese & courgettes to carrots or 1/2 cup of corn kernels
1. Grate courgette and squeeze out any excess moisture (could use paper towels, tea towel or cheesecloth). Grate any other vegetables or chop to size as appropriate, set aside.
2. Roughly chop feta into pieces 1.5 cms square, set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix baking powder into the flour. Add egg and mix with fork until it’s rough like breadcrumbs.
4. Slowly add milk, mixing as you go until you have a smooth but thick mix.
5. Now, add vegetables, feta, cumin and salt + pepper to make a stiffish mix. Not too wet.
6. Heat oil in a fry pan and spoon tablespoons of mix into hot oil and fry until both sides nicely browned.
7. Place fritters onto a plate and serve with chutney, relish or a salad.
This is a simple and delicious recipe that easily adapts to a vegan version by substituting compatible ingredients. You can experiment with various combination of preferred and seasonal vegetables too. Enjoy!